Myklebust was born in Eidsdal, Norway in 1977. He started off in the musical landscape of jazz standards, apparent on his debut album Breaks Even from his studying days at The Norwegian Academy of Music. In the years following, Myklebust’s collaborations with various artists world-wide, not least his close cooperation with the world music star Mari Boine both as a musician, composer and producer, has led to the development of a musical style unique for Myklebust. In addition to his work as a soloist and session musician, he works as a music producer and composer for stage, film and tv, as well as for artists such as Unni Wilhelmsen (NO), Melanie Scholtz (ZA) and Jonas Fjeld (NO).
”Young Jazzmusician of the Year” with the band Ra in 2000
”Have No Fear”-award from the Norwegian Jazz Radio (Jazzradio'n) and HydroTexaco in 2002.
- Music for the theatre play ”Maratondansen” (Teatret Vårt), premiere September 2018
- Composed the music for the British movie "After Louise" (2016)
- Composed and produced the intro for Nordlys-TV in 2015
- Produced the intro of the TV show "Skavlan" in 2014
- Composer and musician for Riksteatrets main play in 2013: ”Doktor Proktors prompepulver” (Jo Nesbø)
- TV-series in 8 episodes for Nrk (The Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation): ”Hjerterått” - 2013
- Hurtigruten; The Worlds Most Beautiful Voyage (TV-documentary)
- Sami Theatre productions;” ONKEL – in underground house” (2006) og ”Baru” (2009) (composer and music producer on both productions).
- Nobel Price Concert in 2009; composed and produced the music for the opening of the TV-show.
- SOS children's villages (7 documentaries) for TV2 – composed all the music
- Music for two films showed at interval act at the international semi finals of Eurovision Song Contest in 2010. Watched by over 100 million people world wide.
- "Nordic Namgar" at Riddu Riddu Festivála, Norway (2013)
- New music for Arctic Youth Jazz Orchestra performed in Luleå, Sweden (2012)
- New music for Nordnorsk Ungdomsstorband performed in Oulo, Finland (2010)
- "Echo-concerts" in Eidsdal, Norway (2003, 2008 and 2012)
- "New Standards" with Erlend Gjerde at Varangerfestivalen (2007)
Norwegian Academy of Music
Bachelor in Jazz Education
The Arctic University of Norway
Master of Jazz Performance